1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help increase focus and decrease fatigue…

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claysman, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claysman

claysman TS Member

Here’s one idea to help increase focus while reducing shooter fatigue.
    Any other ideas you can share?

This Reversible Magnetic Barrel Rest transfers gun weight from hands, arms, and shoulders directly to the barrel rest. Overall it's longer and wider offering more barrel resting space. The new age lightweight material is soft but very sturdy, and waterproof. Used by many top competitive shooters. Works well with break open and non-break open shotguns. Helps you increase focus and concentration while you stay fresh and fatigue free from beginning to the end of competitions!
    When walking to your station or moving to the next post, place barrel on magnet... lift gun with the magnet and walk.
    At the shooting station, place your foot on the pad and lift the gun off the magnet. Rest barrel on the pad between shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I don't know if it will do anything for focus.

It will certainly help with muscle fatigue. Not holding the weight of the gun through 100 targets will help keep the muscles relaxed and help shooting.
    Joe

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Shucks I was looking for those magical dots that will help one eyed shooter?

FRedmon

4. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I have been wanting one of those pads, thank you for posting.

Rick

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

6. cec

cec TS Member

Gun Fitter - we totally agree with you, fatigue is reduced. Focus can be affected in a possitve way because when weight of the gun is transferred to the gun rest, the shooter can remain focused on what is happening in front of the trap house, including the shooters target.

FRedmon - just above the gunbarrel rest, you can find the Magic Eye Dots for one-eyed shooters. Just click on the above URL.

Rick - the gun barrel rest can be found by clicking on the above URL.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Drink a can of Red Bull before each event. That should wire you up.

8. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

Didn't Tandy and Foxy Culpepper make this pad first? I think she was selling them about 4 years ago.

I never purchased one because a friend of mine used one and had the same problem stated above, somehow it would be hanging on the end of his gun when he was going to shoot.

9. claysman

claysman TS Member

I've found the FieldandClays pad best because it is bigger and shaped to give you more resting space.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I want a heart-shaped one that is blue with hot pink polka dots.

11. claysman

claysman TS Member

Interesting question about the exact size. I measured my FieldandClays pad, it is 6" long, 3" wide at the top, 3 1/2" at the bottom (which give it more rest space. All personal preferance I guess. I've heard bigger is better.

About heart shaped, I don't think they will make one that is heart shaped, but this is America... anything is possible.

By your name, looks like you might shoot archery. I've been told that the FieldandClays Magic Eye Dots for one-eyed shotgun shooters also works well for shooting archers. Just a thought.

12. claysman

claysman TS Member

EE – are going to believe those who have actually used one of these pads and like them a lot, or your lying eyes.

13. claysman

claysman TS Member

EE - yes lying eyes. It's an old Bill Clinton joke when he was caught in the sack with a strange woman. He proclaimed that he was not doing anything wrong. Hillary said, but I can see you there. Bill responded with" are you going to believe me or your lying eyes."

The analogy is: many of us find that these barrel rests work fine and don't wear out. So, if you've not tried one yourself why would you knock them. They actually protect your gun barrel from a hard surface and actually do help prevent fatigue because the gun weight is transfered from your arms to the pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.