1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help identify this Mec 9000 part

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by new loader, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

This thing fell off of a Mec 9000. I don't know if it is a part unto itself or if it broke off of a larger piece. The reloader seems to work OK without it. Any ideas? Thanks to all.
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I'd say it fell off of a tarp strap hanging over top of it.Seriously , I have 9000 and don't find it on mine.

3. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

New Loader, I've worked on a lot of MEC 9000's and i do not know what that is, it almost looks like a twist tie but the picture is kinda fuzzy. Maybe someone will know, but if the loader works OK, what the heck keep loading. Steve F...

4. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Go to the Mecweb site and navigate to the exploded veiw of the 9000. It shows all the parts. If you can't find the part there, it didn't come off your loader.

Bobk

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It might look like a piece of the column spring that could have broken off and become bent to that shape. It's a poor picture, but it looks about the right size for a coil or so off of the spring.

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

That piece is for M.E.C. Reloaders Manufactured for OFF WORLD USE ONLY!!!
    That is, Not to be used on Planet Earth.

7. new loader

new loader Member

I agree the picture is not the greatest, I'll try a better one later. I have been having an occasional problem on the downstroke. When the handle comes down to almost horizontal position it hits resistance and dead stop. Feels like a primer that won't punch out. Anyway, I gave it a good shove and PING, this little thing goes flying. Don't know what it is or where it came from, but seems to work OK without it. I did not see it on the Mec schematic.

8. satchmd

satchmd TS Member

Perhaps it was a hair from your nose. How hard were you pushing?

9. new loader

new loader Member

Ok, this is the answer. The resistance problem was caused by the final crimp not coming over the shell like it is supposed to. It was coming down and hitting the edge of the shell, causing it to stop dead. This wire gizmo clips onto the plate and when the shell comes around, it rides against the wire and it stays pushed in. Presto, perfect alignment.
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

10. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

That looks like a clever fix. Since it is not shown on the MEC parts list, I presume it is a home-made solution. Whatever works.

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

There is a wire-like piece that is used at the final station to push the shell out of the shell plate and into the chute. Its hard to see because it is covered by the shell plate when it is at rest. I have had to stick a small screwdriver under it and bend it up slightly to get the loaded rounds to eject properly on my 9000H 12 ga. I guess over time, it can get worn down to where the head of the case can occasionally ride over it and fail to eject. If that part would be the one missing, your loaded rounds would not eject so it would be easy to tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.