1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help identify Browning 20 guage O/U

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chappy, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chappy

Chappy TS Member

I have a friend who may be looking to get rid of a Browning Citori 20 guage O/U. I have a Blue Book of Gun Value and I have used the Browning web site but I can't seem to identify this gun properly for value and type. The gun has a silver receiver with an engraving of a goose on the left side, pheasant on the right side, grouse on the trigger guard and a pointer on the underside of the receiver. The serial number shows an RN163 and by looking on Browning's web site this would be a 1979 Citori Grade I hunting model. I can't find a grade I of anykind with a silver receiver and this extensive of engraving. Any help with type and possible value would be greatly appreciated. I can e-mail pics if needed. Thank-you, Chappy

2. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

With Browning the RN designates the year and the 163 is the generic code for all Citori Hunting( most likely a Lightning) models. Look in the Blue Book for a Grade VI or V and you will most likely find the value. Better yet go to Gunbroker or Gunsamerica and do a search for that model. This will give you a better reference to what they are selling for.

Jeff

3. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Sounds like a grade 2 to me. I have 1 in the sporter model ic & mod

4. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Chappy......
    If it looks like this it's a grade 2. This is a skeet listed for $1595.00 Gary L.

5. Chappy

Chappy TS Member

Thanks to all who responded for the help. I think we are getting somewhere. Gary L. That is definetly the engraving on the left side of the receiver but why does the RN163 serial number on the Browning site show it to be a 1979 grade I hunting model. So is it actually a grade II hunting model? Is the value around $ 1,600. Thanks, Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.