1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help ID This Knife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Sigraph, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

This knife was in my grandmothers chest of drawers for probably 60+ years. I have no idea where it came from, but it's interesting and I've never seen one like it. The blade must be stainless, it's not been cleaned or polished.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mapper

Mapper Member

Probably too old to be stainless. I imagine it contains a bit of nickel though.
    Solingen, Germany was a European hotbed of knife making(like Sheffield, England).
    Germans keep excellent records, so something about the maker might be possible to recover.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

It looks like a Vintage Anton Wingen Stag-Handled Kris Dagger Knife!
    I saw one on e-bay that sold for 81.00 but the hanlde end and in front of the stag was different im sure yours might be some kind of verion of the one on ebay in the link above.
    I have several old knives and quite a few from germany but most of mine are pocket knves instead of hunting types.
    If I can find my old books I will see if it has yours listed.

Foggy

4. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Do a google search,lots of info on him

jpark

5. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Foghorn - thanks - I'd like to know more about it. I'll probably give it to my son, I gave him my collection of Case knives - some pretty rare ones too.

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Sigraph:
    I stopped collecting pocket knives in the early 1980's, and I sold most of the junkers and kept about 300 of the good ones. Like case, hen&roosters, german eye, henckles barlow's and many more. Plus some collector sets. I quit collecting when Parker Frost came out and started making cheap knives and then would have a collector's set it seemed every few weeks but I did buy the salemans sample briefcase set of maybe 22 knives.
    I figured when ever I get old enough and Obama or who ever is the president and has ran me out of money then maybe I can sell them to get some food money in the future.
    I will see if i can find the book it is probably still with my knives stored at my parents house.
    Foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.