1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help ID This Choke Tube???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok can anyone help to Idenify this choke tube for a friend.

I have one about like it in a 302 big bore barrel but I don't know who made the one that is in mine either since it came with the used barrel I bought.

Ok belo is the same tube standing up.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/sporting%20goods/chokes/?action=view&current=PICT0908.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thanks

Foggy

2. Duck

Duck Member

Thank's Foggy!.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It looks like a Briley SP series choke tube. The flat, square shoulders on the threads are almost a Briley trademark......Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Duck

Duck Member

Dan,

I tried finding one similiar on Briley's website but?. I've never seen one threaded for two inch's down from top like this one. It came out of old Ljutic mono that I assume was reworked. I'm looking to get the same thing only extended.

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dan since you mentioned it I think someone told me the one I have was a briley I know mine was real thin walled but not for sure about Duck's.

Fog

6. Duck

Duck Member

Mike,

The bore is only .735 I have two choke's one at .705 and the one pictured XXFull at .685 Does Moneymaker offer their own choke's?.

7. Duck

Duck Member

^^^

8. Duck

Duck Member

Mike,

I did to Briley today but have not heard as of yet.

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Briley makes the chokes for Moneymaker barrels if you want an extended choke like the one you have just have Briley make one they most likely made that one not to many choke makers use that style. I have a set like that with the long threads they made called their SL2 series. They are the Company to go to 0on this choke.

Buddy

10. Duck

Duck Member

Thank's Buddy, Foggy, Mike, Dan, don q.

11. Duck

Duck Member

Briley seems to be the maker from everyones post. Now the rest of the story
    eihter during the installation, or during some prep for refinish the muzzle
    is not square. The choke shoots OK so I believe it's concentric with the bore
    one side of the choke is flush while the other side had a single thread exposed. Should I have it squared with the choke tube installed and re-cut the wrench grooves or square it without the tube and reseat the tube by removing material from the rear unthreaded portion?, or any suggestion's?.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Don't mess with the chamber end of the choke........it has a little taper in it to allow wads to enter the choke from the bore diameter without hanging up.

If you do anything, cut the muzzle end off to match the barrel. You will lose a little bit of the parallel section of the choke but not enough to matter.

HM

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had some that Briley made for a 682 top single that looked exactly like that

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.