1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Hi Standard Model B pistol================

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Well it is time again for help from my very smart friends on this websiste.....I have a Hi-Standard 22-LR that was given to me by a good friend who passed on.....It was built in the early 50s & has several parts missing inc. the magazine.....I want to have it restored as it extremely important for me to do so..... Do you know a reliable gunsmith who can do this work for me????? Any of your help will be greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance.....Pete

2. ramen39

ramen39 Member

www.rimfirecentral.com is an excellent site and you just click on the Hi Standard section and you can find out just about anything you need. There are some very smart guys on there that will help you.

Roy

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You can also find a nice Schematic and a list of parts at Numrich Gun Parts. I posted a link above to the "B" Model page on that site.

I have an old Duramatic 101. They are some great shooting old guns.
    grntitan_2009_2503113.jpg

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Magazines are $22 from cheaper then dirt.

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you want it refurbished correctly send it to High Standard in Texas. They have the parts and personal to completely refurbish these fine old guns.

I frequent RimfireCentral.com and that is the opinion of some of the experts there. It wasn't always like that but the opinion is the newest High Standards coming out of Texas are on par with the originals.

Also have them supply and tune a couple of magazines for you since High Standard magazine function is a kind of black art. Don't even think about anything but original magazines.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

Pete, the High Standard model B and HB both share the same parts and disassembly/assembly procedures. Parts are plentiful, and you don't need a gunsmith to work on these simple pistols. Enlarge these photos so you have an idea how the gun works.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303293.jpg

toolmaker251_2008_0303294.jpg

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I am looking at a picture of a pistol that can be made look like it just came out of the factory.

Those Hi St. Pistols have a lot of class.

Al Lingham

8. TOOLMAKER 251

Jerry, High Standard B and HB models have a feed ramp on the barrel so they are not tolerant from 1 magazine to another. The High Standard Duramatic, #102, #103 #104 #106 #107 and Victor models have no feed ramp leading into the chamber so mag placement and mag lips have to be right on to be reliable.

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Interesting I didn't know that. I own a Supermatic Citation and 4 1/2" Victor. I bought a couple of OEM magazines and they are a nightmare to adjust.

10. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Thanks again guys, as usual you came through for me again.....I will be shipping the pistol to the factory in Texas as they have the parts & will do the repairs...........Pete

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is the best web-site on the internet, hands down.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hi standard duramatic 22 pistol

high standard pistol assembly

how good are model b hi standard 22 pistols