1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help, gun doubling.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a 12 ga Beretta SP that will fire both barrels every once in a while. I have not had the stock off to clean and have probably fired 50,000 rounds. Any suggestion as to what it might be and possible fix.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Pull the stock and spray the action with brake cleaner, blow out with compressed air, then spray with CLP or RemOil, blow out with compressed air, reassemble. Then when you shoot it, don't trap the trigger. :) Mark

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Is it doubling or machine gunning? My friend doesn't hold gun tight enough and the the recoil pulls him back into trigger sometimes.

Another friend , deceased , had trouble with his Beretta o/u machine gunning when he shot skeet from the hip holding the gun upside down. Beretta Gunsmith scolded him that the gun was designed to be shot from the shoulder, not upside down from the hip. Recoil was causing the gun to machine gun.

Charlie

4. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Don't forget to check the trigger pull poundage.. After 50,000 rounds it could be that the sear is worn and not fully engaging..

5. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Had this happen a few years back on my K80. Went to a gunsmith and he repaired it saying it was a worn sear. If the lube/cleaning doesn't work that is probably the problem.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Be real sure you're shouldering the gun right and have a good firm grip.

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have a 1975 Baikal hunting model O/U that does the same thing and Mel Hunting tried to repair it years ago and said the parts on those guns were soft and wearing to the sears was the problem . AS for not shouldering some guns , that may cause the second shot not to go off since it didn`t set the trigger !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.