1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help-Great Bear Auto got my wife bad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slic lee, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Wife,61, was driving the Lexus 450,a '96,every time she stepped on brake was noise. My friend used to own Great Bear auto store in Ft Lauder dale, told her to go there. She found out later he wasnt owner any more, was Mike's,Hollywood Blvd . She told Mike,owner, of noise and went to waiting room. Mike came back once or twice to tell her how busy he was. She read, he came back awhile later said, I couldnt find a new tire,so I took off the right rear that was no good, put it where the spare goes, under the truck held with chain and replaced it with the spare. She said why did you touch the tire, I didnt ask you about that, he said we saw a balloon on the tire knew it was dangerous tried to get a new tire but couldnt Why didnt you tell me? I thought it was dangerous, I did you a favor. Here's your bill. For what she said, you didnt tell me what was wrong, he, I didnt have to. The bill was $753.62,she called me, I got on phone with Mike, he,she didnt check box on estimate or exceed $l00. Panic,she put it on credit card and ran out.First charge replace front brake pads,$149.99, I said what brake pads,he said ceramic, I said I tow my boat, he, panic in voice,you didnt tell me you tow,you werent supposed to change brake pads,googled pads he used, 45.95 list, whats the $109 for,labor to install pads, next 2 ft slide service $70, i dont understand what he said,left front brake rotor,89.99,labor,$90-, rear brake pads $149.99,I said, I replaced the rear rotors and pads 6 months ago at Toyota, any comment,2ft slide service $70 still dont know,brake fluid & flush 79.99 howd you do it, he lied. What can we do, called credit card co, said its my wifes fault, in Florida its the law every RO must have and be signed on left bottom of RO what to be done, wife checked I dont request written estimate. Lee

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You should have some kind of state auto repair authority.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Over charged big time. Replaced parts that shouldn't be replaced. Did work that wasn't told to do. Call the BBB and report them. It will be on their record for others to see and the state to look in to when their are enough of them filed.

Midas Muffler in my area was known for doing such things and so was Sears. Midas is closed and Sears got their butts kicked by the state.

4. cpd544

cpd544 Member

You can dispute the charge in court and file what is called a Writ of Replevin in or file in small claims court. Without checking the estimate box and signing the invoice gives them an advantage in court. If you got certified tech to swear the repairs were not needed it would help. Also they are supposed to ask if you want the old parts for inspection but a lot of them don't.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have no idea what actually happen

I do know that you think the cost to redo the brakes was excessive because you googled the price of brake pads and it was more than the pads cost.

I suggest you find out what the dealer price for those charges are.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.