1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** HELP!!!! FROZEN GUN SAFE*******

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bills girl, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bills girl

Bills girl TS Member

HI GUYS! I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM. BILL HAS A PONY EXPRESS GUN SAFE {FROM CABELAS I THINK} THE COMBONATION LOCK WILL NOT MOVE. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THIS THING MOVING AGAIN? IT IS REALITIVELY NEW, HAS NOT BEEN DAMAGED AND HAS BEEN IN OUR GARAGE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SO IT SURELY HAS NOT BEEN OUT IN THE ELEMENTS!IT WAS WORKING FINE 6 MONTHS AGO.WE HAVE A LOT OF GUNS IN THIS SAFE!!!!! ANY THOUGHTS WILL BE APPRECIATED! SHELLEY

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Other than checking the instruction manual that came with the safe, A locksmith, or a cutting torch, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Jim

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

1. Is it also locked with a key , also?
    2. I assume it is a spin dial lock rather than a electronic push button. My electronic froze up. He (locksmith) told me to punch in the combo slowly, no faster than one number per second. It worked for me.

Charlie

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

If it is a spin dial with a handle, try putting downward pressure on the handle and then spinning the dial.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

use a stick of dinomite like the old days. lol

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Watch Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid again for pointers!!LOL...maybe called a good locksmith first...

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I can open it but I keep what I find it it.

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Grammie is an expert in this area and will respond soon.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

A real lock smith will be in and out in less time than making out the bill. Happened to my sentry safe. I shook the hell out of the handle and wiggled the dial, it came loose. I then sprayed the working with remoil.

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Shelley..........Drill a small hole about 1 inch deep near the handle. Pour in a small amount of Nitro. But be careful not to use to much......remember what happened when Butch Cassidy blew up the railcar and all the money. Don't want that to happen to the guns. Then stand close and hit it hard with a hammer! ....................Just kidding!

11. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

You know the guy has a legitimate concern and what does he get,idiots in reply.If you offer serious help don't make it worse by being idiots.Jack

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Jack....I agree! No idiots should be allowed as well as those without any idea what a sense of humor is! We should ban them all unless they meet a rigid communist criteria where freedom of speech is ALSO denied! Yeah....that's what we should do!

13. Rum River

Rum River TS Member

I know that some of the various safe companies provide support on problems such as what you're having. (Fort Knox, for instance.)

I did a quick Google search on Pony Express gun safes, but didn't get much for results as far as company contact info.

As Cabelas sells them, contact Cabelas for info on how to contact Pony Express.

There's always the chance it's a simple fix.

Wait until after you talk with Cabelas/Pony Express before getting the local locksmith or welder to open your safe by destroying it. Dan

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

OK Shelley, they want me to get serious, so here goes! Do what you already KNOW you should do.....return it to Cabelas. I've never yet seen them refuse to satisfy a customer. There you go....problem solved!

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

If its a S/G lock you can go to their web site and it has mucho information.Just select the lock style.

16. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

If this has not been suggested; if it also opens with a key; put the key in and turn it to the right, then try the handle.
    Best luck
    Sam Ogle, Nebraska

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

First, try the S/G site as suggested. If that does not help, try tapping lightly on the handle with a soft piece of wood. Then tap on the dial very lightly while pushing in, and then pulling out on the dial. Next, try lightly and rapidly turning the dial to the right and left. Do not apply much force. I suspect one tumbler is stuck half way out and you need to giggle it back down.

Pat Ireland

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

You should start worrying!! It sounds like someone broke into the safe stole your guns then jammed the safe so you would not know the guns were stolen. LOL

19. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

One of my neighbors is a locksmith and I think he charges 65 for a service call. Don't know what one would charge you in your area but it's better than destroying a good piece of equipment. Dan

20. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Dande Jack: I think he's fishing for a big one.What do you think?.....:).Nuc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pony express gun safe flaws

pony express gun safe how to open