1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP FROM YOU BERETTA GUYS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coyote_198, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Hey guys will a set of Beretta 686 Sporting barrels fit a 682Gold Trap? Thanks you in advance.

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

physically, maybe some fitting will be required for smooth operation. Never know until you put them on.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

They will fit, but as birdtracker said, some fitting may be required, which should be checked by a professional (legal disclaimer). The other thing you need to be aware of is that the rib is likely a different height than the trap barrel, as a result you may have trouble with the comb height. Bill Malcolm

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

When trying out a new set of barrels on a Bretta 680 series action, don't force anything. Gently close the barrels to the action and don't slam the forearm on. I've seen both done and getting them apart can be a bit of a booger.

ec90t

5. RonC

RonC TS Member

As your Beretta barels wear, the locking pins will become loose. The fix is replacement pins of a larger size. Think there are 4 different sizes. If I bought a used barrel set I would want to check the pin holes to see they were the same. I have a 686 single barrel and a 682 O/U, the barrels fit interchangeably, but one set of pins are the original and the other 2 sizes up; 686 wear. I have yet to shoot the barrels interchangably. Expect I will get the 686 barrel holes welded and re drilled to fit introductory pins and then will interchange the barrels. Hoipe this helps.

Ron

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Are you putting a sporter together, Koz?

7. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Hey 22 Hornet I'm recovering from cataract surgery and just discoverer I can see again. I'm trying to change one of my Trap guns around a little to try on those sporting birds. Wish me luck, or better yet pray for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.