1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help from the Ladies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by phirel, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Valentines Day is this Saturday. Do you think my wife would prefer a bag of shot or a sleeve of primers for this special day? Price is of no concern.

Pat Ireland

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Would you prefer a trip to the attorney's office or being able to go to the So. Grand.

Don

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

You are beyond help. HMB

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx for the reminder

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Another suggestion would be.......maybe a couple flats of 12 gauge shells..........or maybe some powder.......that would be gun powder. lol

I'm sure you will come up with something that she will like.

Good Luck though.......lol

Hauxfan!

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Pat:

You asked for, "Help from the Ladies". I couldn't help but notice what a bunch of ugly chicks are offering advice.

sissy : )

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Here's a bit of advice that I recently got, for free - "..you're too old to be splitting your stuff in two..." You'd do well to let this thought guide your gift. lol

Kip

8. ATT

ATT Member

I don't have to get my wife a gift this year because two years ago I gave her a pair of 5 buckle overshoes and they are the same as new. Buy good quality the first time and you save money in the long run.

Of course nothing says lovin like a new pair of mud and snow tires for her old pickup!

If you wake up dead Sunday morning, can I have your target gun?

Allen

9. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

I suppose that would depend on whether YOU preferred canned dog food hamburgers or cat food hash for supper the next day!

Carol Lister

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Who wants to know, her boyfriend?

11. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Hi Pat. I am a lady and I am here to help you. Give her 25 Gold Medal Papers and 25 roses. She can enjoy the smell of the roses and then after you shoot the papers, enjoy the smell of the empties and the guy that shot them. Or, give her a 25 pound bag of shot and a 25 pound box of chocolates. See which one she opens first, then you can have what she doesn't want. Remember, it's the thought that counts, just don't tell her what you were thinking when you get all of this stuff. Enjoy your Valentine.

12. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Pat, maybe a new fishing rod? I don't really listen to music but my wife got me a stereo for our first Christmas. Unfortunately, we did not have enough money for speakers so we got the old ones out of my buddies pickup when he put in good ones. I learned and she got a new fishing rod for Valentines Day and we had a discussion. If you want it for us or yourself, buy it, just don't try to give me a gift and then expect to use it. On the other hand, no matter what I buy it is not the right color, size, etc. I go with flowers an a large box of chocolates (so I can sneak a few or tear up the box and tell her the dog ate them). GOOD LUCK

Mike

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Our valentine's days are always a surprise...Leo tried to be sweet and use our anniversary date as the house security code, only he used the wrong date! When we are in Tucson over Feb 14, there is a rose grower who pulls in a semi-tractor trailer full of fresh roses (along a street near the airport)and Leo always stops and buys several dozen. This year we will be going to Sarah's basketball game, way more fun than dinner and a movie. So, some years are more romantic than others, but I guess that comes with the marriage certificate.

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pat, I'm gonna guess you messed this up from the get-go.

See, I married my fine wife michelle (like most of us, I'm way over my head in terms of quality, here) fairly close to valentines day - march 20th.

But I PROPOSED to her on Valentines day. And I told her that the ring was going to be her present for the next ten years. It was a modest ring - $2,500 or so back then.

But over 10 years, hey, that's $250 PER YEAR for a valentines gift.

Now, what kind of woman wouldn't be happy with a $250 present?????

This sort of thing also works if you happen to buy her a birthday or christmas present that might cost a bit more than you intended to spend. You buy her a half ton of shot for a birthday present - that's almost $1,200 right there - and you tell her that this is her present for her birthday, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, halloween and thanksgiving.

That way, your little lady can say to her friends "that Pat, he's thoughtful....never misses even the most minor of holidays. Always gets me something." That's the kind of PR everyone needs....and it will have you spending more time at the club before you know it.

Yours in shooting (hey, I just saved you so much in presents you can afford to come up to Alaska now)

Jeff

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Pat, can you call Pheasantmaster and tell him Lawrence, 7.5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.