1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for MEC 9000H

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Mec 9000 Hydraulic that suddenly jammed on me while I was loading. The top part of the loader won't go down like something is jamming it. Acts and sounds just like if you stepped on the pedal while the valve to the cylinder was closed.

Tested the pump and the cylinder and both worked fine. Checked all the linkages for any sign of binding and again everything was fine.
    Talked to MEC tech support about it twice and both times ended with me sending the machine back.

Was wondering if anyone in this forum had this happen to their 9000H? Could use some help here before I have to send the loader to MEC.

Thanks. JM

2. daveship

daveship Member

if you don't keep the collet clean and lubricated, it can jam the machine midway through its stroke.i took a rubber mallet and firmly tapped on the upper machine bracket.it raised back up. i cleaned and lubricated the collet and it has worked fine ever since (20000 rds) hope this helps

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Mike,
    Would it be possible for you to refer to the schematics of the 9000H and tell me what the index numbers are for the parts you are referring to? Thanks. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.