1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for Ithaca Flues Parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pumpernck, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Looking for replacement parts for my old Ithaca Flues 4E. It shoots great, but recently had a couple of light strikes on the primer. You could see where the firing pin hit the primer, but it did not strike it deep enough to cause the primer to ignite. Put the shell back in again and it fired on the second strike. Anyone else had this happen? I talked to my gunsmith and he told me that with the shells I use having a steel primer instead of a brass one may be the cause, or perhaps I need a new spring for the firing mechanism. Anyone have an idea of where I may find one as a replacement? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Pete

2. porky

porky TS Member

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

Pumpernck, I have a couple of those old guns and sometimes suffer the same dilemma. It might be any number of things or a combination of things. If they began to have a little "off the breech face", worn hinge pin, worn chamber, worn firing pin, or maybe a weak spring, ignition can be spotty. I have two, about 35 serial numbers apart and one(which has been rebuilt) never fails with new shells and the other sometimes will. THe guys who work on these old guns a lot are pretty good and can have you running in no time. I think reloads with the steel bases also may contribute.

4. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Pumpernck,

If you need parts for your Ithaca try Ron Sharp (416)774-6368.

He is in Dunnville, Ontario, Canada.

5. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Guys
    Thanks for the input! If anyone knows "who the Man is" at working on or fixing these old guns, please give me a name and number. Again, thanks for the help. Pete

6. JEB

JEB Active Member

Try Diamond Gunsmiths, Ithaca NY 607-273-4510

JEB

7. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

8. johnboy

johnboy Member

I had Gunter Pfrommer restore a Flues that has been in the family for fifty years. Pfrommer is very knowledgable on Ithaca's. He is in Virginia. 540 484 5555.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Ithaca Gun Repair is part of Diamonds Gun Smithing. Helped a friend of mine with a Manier.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca flues parts