1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for Beretta 303

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

May I ask for help on what tool to use to loosen the stock bolt nut? I would like to replace the stock shim. Thanks. JM

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It most likely has a slotted nut. The nut takes a thin wall socket ( 13/16 if I remember, I made a t handled screw driver to fit the slot. Some but not all will have enough room to get the socket in. I used a hole saw and made a little more room for an easier trip the next time. They can be testy but doo able

3. Seamus O'Caiside

Seamus O'Caiside Active Member

It is 19mm, which is essentially the same thing as 3/4".

The hole is tight, and a thin-wall socket would help, but so far I have been able to do it with a standard socket, except for one trap gun. The trap model uses a different arrangement inside the stock (a washer, not a drop shim) and the hole is tighter. I made a big screwdriver blade out of a piece of flat steel stock. IIRC, it was 1" X 1/8" stock, and I dressed it down on a bench grinder and turned it with a pair of vice-grips.

NOTE: If you go the screwdriver route, the driver has to fit the big slot that goes all the way across the hex nut. There is a smaller slot inside the nut, but don't try to turn that - that slot is for the pin that holds the plug for the recoil spring - it will not turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.