1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for a Novice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jellis0582, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellis0582

jellis0582 TS Member

I am trying to research a Ranger shotgun/ 16 gage for my mom. She has the serial # but no model #. Does anyone know of a way to look up information on this gun ie. manufacture date and common uses? Thanks for the help.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

If memory serves me correctly call Marlin Firearms and ask them. If my memory is acting right at all I think Ranger used to be sold by Sears many many many moons ago and made by Marlin ... but I might be wrong.

There has to be more markings on the gun other than Ranger and just a serial # ... aint there?

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Hard to tell without the model number. Rangers were made by Savage, Stevens, Winchester, H&R, And Marlin.

Jim

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep ... thought my memory was workin pretty good.

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

Lumper, you're good! According to Blue Book's cross-over list Ranger guns were made by Savage, Stevens, H & R, Winchester and Marlin for Sears. If you can provide a model # I can tell you who made it.

Steve

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I aint that good ... I didn't remember a dang thing about Savage, Stevens, H&R or Winchester.

jellis0582 ... give at least a little more info on the guns. Are they pump action? Are they over/unders? Are the side by sides? Are they single shot? Any information at all might help somebody in helping you in your journey and quest for information.

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

You will live longer and be better informed if you don't trust Lumper's memory! No offense Lumper.....like I said, I love ya man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.