1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Dent in stock.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I was finishing a stock and had it hung up with a screw. Somehow the screw came loose and the stock fell and put two dents into the stock. Is there a simple way to get the dents out. They are on the bottom of the stock right behind the palm swell on the curved section. Jackie B.

PS. Can you believe the luck I've had with stocks lately.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jackie....If they aren't really bad dents that have broken the fibers in the wood, they can be steamed out with a teapot....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. letts

letts TS Member

A damp cloth and a steam iron may work. A little heat and moisture applied to the spot may raise the grain enough.

J.L.

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Jackie, if the stock has no finish on it you can steam the dents out. I've used a clean wet rag over the dent and applied a soldering iron or a steam iron to the dent until it is raised. This will only work if there is no finish on the dented area and the wood fibers are not broken only dented.

Good luck,
    Steve

5. Okie 1

Okie 1 TS Member

2nd Mr. Charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.