1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help correct my Perazzi ignorance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by no5shooter, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

OK, gonna display my ignorance for the world to see. I've always been a Browning/Remington shooter, still am, but I'm developing an interest in Perazzis. I figure if they're good enough for the VP to shoot a lawyer with, they might be pretty good guns! Anyway, my (first) real question is this: What's the difference between a TMX and a TM1? I've recently seen nice examples of each posted for sale on this forum, for about the same price, but I don't know the difference(s) or if one is preferred over the other. Can ya help?

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

rib height.. and stock..

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Huh. No mechanical differences? And by stock, are you referring to the fore end? I've noticed the TM-1's seem to have a bigger, rounder fore end and the TMX's are more sculptured. Do I have that right?

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There is a lot of them for sale because they are 40 year old guns. That does not mean they are not any good ones. Their just old. I shot a TM-1 in the early 1980's and it was well used then.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A TMX is a souped up TM-1. HMB

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

hmb I can't begin to understand your thinking process. Why try to confuss a new shooter with your BS? Post-2

7. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

yes, the tmx has a higher rib and stock, debatably one of the all time best handicap guns, just find a nice one and have giaccomo rebuild it good for another 10 years, very comfy to shoot. damn i wish i still had mine steve

8. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

no5shooter, the only dumb question is the one not ask.. Don't know where you live but if you have a club within driving distance would be the place to check out the perazzi guns and ask questions, some don't like the high rib on the tmx while others do.

9. joehunter

joehunter Member

They are the same gun mechanically. The TMX has a higher rib and higher stock than the TM1. Parts are still available. Both are great guns for the money.

Joey

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Harpo's right....fire away with the questions!!! How else would one learn??? It's not like all us P gun shooters just automatically knew all about them....we had to learn too...

PM me if you wish to...

jeff

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The TMX was Frank Little's last singles, and handicap gun.

12. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

doda, MIA posts like 100x per day....how about a link or something more specific to search....thanks

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

TM-1 & a TMX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a higher rib and corresponding stock.

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

A TM1 may be old in age, but there are still some out there just like new with very little use on them. No, it's not for sale, it's a back-up. LOL. Good luck. Shoot often while we can, Bob

15. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

no5shooter, it's perfectly understandable about these Perazzi questions, they are down right confusing.

TMX is the '80s version of the original '60s TM1 with higher rib and matching high stock. The price on used market is different.

Parts are still available to some degree. Our friend Marcello is probably working on his project to make new TM parts as we speak.

16. ink ball

ink ball Member

The best way to correct Perazzi ignorance is to buy a Krieghoff...you can be assured you will not be ignorant if you do so. :)

Ah...sure is fun to stir the pot now and then....all in good fun!

17. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

The best way to correct Perazzi or Kreighoff ignorance, as well as CG, Kolar,or anywhere else you wanna go, ignorance;

Is to buy an 870 Trap, and shoot the hell out of it.

And then watch it not fail, for A LOT of rounds. And laugh at the elitists that spent a shit ton of money on a gun that they can't shoot.

But they got the name!!

18. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Just to correct a couple of misconceptions coming from my original post, I am not a new shooter, been at it about 40 years or so, and I am very fond of both my 3200 (Baker barrel and all Pat Laib's care) and my BT-99 that has paid for itself many times over. I just wanted to know more than I do about Perazzis, and I very much appreciate the informative responses here. Thanks, folks.
    Jerry, in Oregon

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The TMX is merely a Perazzi TM series shooting platform with a higher rib and corresponding stock. The reason that they were made with a higher rib and stock was to allow the shooter to shoot with the head more erect with eyes more level. Otherwise they are the same gun. People who want to stand up straighter love them.

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

"Let's go strooooolllling to the candy store...or was it troolllling?"

Just being cranky this rainy am..

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.