1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help ! Citori Trouble-Trigger Reset ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mako Fisher, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mako Fisher

Mako Fisher TS Member

This is not a trap gun but my skeet gun, a 20ga Citori XS. Since starting to shoot lighter 3/4 ounce reloads which have less recoil the trigger will not reset after the first shot. I have cleaned and oiled it three times and it did not help. I know Briley can do something to the inertia block but I need to shoot this gun next week.

Does anyone know what modification is done to cure this ? Like maybe a spring or grinding off some of that inertia block ?

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Some folks swap the sear spring for a Citori .410 sear spring.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Shoot the std 20 ga load this weekend, then have the trigger worked on.

Besides swapping out springs (the sear spring not being one), and adding another, a good stoning and polishing of the contacting surfaces, are what's needed.

A job best left for those that are familiar with triggers assy's.

Doug Braker

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

To solve the problem you have to increase the weight of the inertia block. The easiest way to do this is with lead tape. Stop in at your local golf pro shop and buy some swing weight tape, about $2.00. Take the stock off the gun and clean both sides of the enertia block with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Let dry. Cut 2 small pieces of the lead tap and press them on the sides of the block. Make sure the block moves back and forth freely. Replace stock, job is done. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning trigger will not reset for 410 loads

citori sear polishing