1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help,Citori problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jsteenson, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

A friend of mine,(no,not me,really)lent a frined of his 525 to shoot.The idiot,tried to force an ill fitting hand load into it with such force it is now off the face about 10000 of and inch.My barrel fits his receiver fine,the lugs on the barrel have been set back by this force!!Does anyone out there know a good smith who could reset the lugs and put it back on the face.The idiot hasn't been at the club since (good thing) eccept he is ducking responsibility.Any help is appreciated.thanx,Jack

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Without looking at the gun, before you do anything, make sure there is not a piece of shot under an extractor. It will be squeezed so flat it will be nearly invisible.

I cannot imagine a shell being "wanged" into the chamber hard enough to upset the lug.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Did he get the right barrel back, Ill let someone shoot my guns, but never let one out of my sight. Do you have pics of this?

4. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

No I don't hae any pictures,but beleive me it is off the face.Jack

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Never loan a gun and let it out of your site ... loan your wife and let her out of your site but never your gun. You almost always want to be sure nothing bad happens to the gun but ... well ... never loan a gun and let it out of your site.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I would also suggest looking under the ejector heads for debris, and also throughout the rest of the gun. It's highly unlikely there was so much pressure at closing the gun with the tight round to push the bbl forward.

Doug

7. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

you guys don't get it do you?IT IS OFF THE FACE,THE LUGS HAVE BEEN SET BACK!jack

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Guess you really didnt need help then. Ship off to browning or midwestgunworks for rehab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.