1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP-CG Release to Pull!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cunninmp, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Hi Everyone,
    About 5 months ago had CG put in a bottom release on my Maxum Combo.
    Everything went really well and my Cap scores jumped 4 birds. Singles suffered
    a little but figured I just had to get used to it. Now after 1100 rounds through
    it, I've developed a terrible habit. I see the bird coming out and let the
    trigger go! Can't seem to stop it and now getting worse. So at 67 yo I guess
    I just can't get my brain reprogrammed. CG only charges $90.00 to put it
    back to pull, but I don't want to wait the time shipping from CA to MD.
    We have a very competent smith in Sonora, CA but he has only worked on
    Browning triggers and has never seen a CG.
    So here is my question---have any of you done this before and does it require
    any parts for the inertia trigger??? If it's just a matter of removing the hook,
    he'll do it while I wait. I can't call CG until Tuesday so I figured with all
    the vast knowledge on the forum, someone might have a answer.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike Cunningham Groveland, CA ATA Life Vet

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Anyone???

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would think all that would be involved is to remove the hook. If you are handy, take off the stock and look at it yourself. Or, if it has a removable trigger, better yet. Before you remove the stock or trigger assembly, make sure the hammers are not set. Usually, the hooks are held in by a pin, and are relatively easy to remove. Get a small punch or a small nail. File the point off if you use a nail, and knock out the pin. Remove the hook and put the stock back on, or trigger assembly back in. Put the barrels and forend on the receiver. Open the breech and put snap caps in the barrels. This also cocks the hammers. Pull the trigger, you will here the hammer release and hit the firing pin. Then bump the pad of the butt stock on something solid with a slight amount of padding. Hold the gun by the barrel or the forend and push it straight down onto the floor or a work bench. If it has an inertia trigger it will reset the trigger. Now pull it again. You should hear the same sound as the first time. If it don't, you will need to have a gunsmith check it. Make sure the triggers reset with this method before you remove the hook. Give it a test run. Jon

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Hey Jon, Thanks a bunch. Willtry that and let you know.

Mike C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.