1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Center Bead Removal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeeljc, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

How do you remove the small ivory center bead on a Browning XS Skeet?

I want to be able to look right down the rib at my Easy-Hit fiber optic sight so the ivory center bead must go.

Jim Skeel

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Just pull it out. I think it's a pressed tapered fit. The XS Skeet I had was but maybe different years are threaded. Mine was about 3 years old now.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do not know if this bead is pressed in or has a small screw as its base. In either case, grasp it with a small set of pliers and unscrew it. It will either screw out or twist off. It really does not matter which happens, it will be off. If it is pressed in and you twist it off, replacement at a later time is simple. If it is screwed in, replacement is harder because the fine threads will get very dirty.

Pat Ireland

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

or....use a 4 lb. maul.....

Hope this helps.

Curt

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

My Citori center bead was a press fit. The stem of the bead had a small collar that held it tight. Just pull it out.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You probably won't be able to pull it out. There are pressed in, and may have a little loc-tite added.

Just break off the white plastic. This will leave the metal tapered tube in the bbl. If you want to take it a step forward, use a small drill bit, approx #47, aand Slowly, drill into the tube. You do not really want the bi9t to drill material, but to grab the inside of the tube. Once it grabs, the tube(sight base) will spin and come out.

Doug

7. skeeljc

Thanks to everyone for the help. I ended up breaking the metal one off on my 425 and was hoping to do better on the plastic one on the XS Skeet.

Thanks again.

Jim Skeel

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Doug has it. None of my Brownings over the years had threaded center beads.

The white plastic is stuck into a little spring steel cone, easily removed.

Put the new one in with the end of a hammer handle or a hardwood block, gently tapping.

HM

9. skeeljc

Removed the plastic bead with needle-nose pliers - pulled straight out. Used a #50 drill to engage the bushing and it came right out.

Jim Skeel

10. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Go to a hobby shop and get a pin vise with a set of collets and find the right size and try to lefty loosey it out. then just wiggle it out if that fails. who knows you may just salvage the sight for replacement. D Winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to remove pressed in center bead browning

perazzi remove centre bead

what size perazzi centre bead