1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help-- can't get bolt out on Rem-1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wilma Harris, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Use a single end automotive jack handle. The screwdriver end used to remove the hubcap works great and the L shaped end with the socket on it gives you good leverage. Works every time.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

yup.

The Rem tool is a pipe with a pin through the end, fits over the screw antd the pin goes in the screw slot.

I use the jack handle and also a huge screwdriver, has a square shank & I put on a crescent wrench.

HM

4. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hi Traphead, It's simple and easy when you know how. ( The barrel and forend must be off the gun ). Just push in the carrier as if you were loading a shell. On the right side of the reciever is the feed latch. Press the feed latch in (toward the right side of the reciever) then pull the action bar out. The bolt rides on the action bar. No force is necessary. If you have to force any thing on a gun something is not correct. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions on Remington 1100s email me at Trapmanjohn@aol.com and I will give you my phone number so I can help you fix your gun.

Hit 'em hard,

John Kirksey

5. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

I see it now. Sorry I just read the head line post, then re - read the thread after I sent it. It is usually the bolt most new 1100 shooters don't know how to remove. Long live 1100s.

Hit 'em hard,

John Kirksey

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

A 1/2" drive drag link driver from Sears works perfect. As I remember I ground it a bit to fit the slot correctly. I think they install it with the finish tacky in the draw bolt hole. They are heck to get out the first time.

Big Jack

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Damn Sears don't have them any more. My friend has one in 3/8 drive, fits the hole perfectly. Of course I went to get one, and not ins stock any more.

HM

8. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Send it to my brother in law He can take anything apart Might need to have a good place to find some parts, he always seems to come up short a part or two
    LOL

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Handsaw to cut the stock off and expose the stock bolt and then a strong vise grip to twist it out. Yep now that the stock is ruint it is a perfect time/excuse to call Gordy and get yourself a great looking chunk of wood and then get a custom stock made for the gun.

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

OOPS, Sorry if I misled you a bit..found the driver..It's labeled "Williams, 15/16...SB-30" Just fits in the bolt hole, I did grind the blade to give it flat sides to correctly fit the slot & it works every time!

Big Jack

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Just be careful not to slip with one of those big screwdivers and crack the stock. I saw the results of that some years ago. I like the new 11/16" nut they use on the newer models. Brownell's sells a tool for the slotted stock bolts. It might be worth the money to buy one, if you have intentions of keeping the 1100 for awhile. I made a special socket a few years ago from a drag link tool and steel tube. If I was unable to cobb one up, I would have spent the money at Brownell's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

john kirksey 1100 trap