1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Anyone have one of these old trap pieces

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pj 999, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Cleaning up this old hand pull trap for a display at our state shoot and the base for the pull handle has been welded on. Would like to find one in better condition, anyone have one or know someoine that might?? In the picture you can see where it is bright and shiny from being ground and sanded. Thanks, Paul Baker
    pj999_2008_0303_142.jpg

2. johnpe

johnpe Member

I can't help you in your quest, but I do want to thank you for the fond memories the picture brought back. This goes way back. By my recollection I know we used them from just before WWII until about 1956.

Johnpe

3. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

I assume the base is cast iron and if it is then they would have used a high nickle rod most likely for the welding. Grit blast it and then repaint, it would be a suggestion. If high nickle weld then it will not rust. Highly doubtful it is cast steel. Has to be someone in your area that could grit/sand blast it so it all will take primer and paint. Bill

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

PJ:

I too am looking for the same piece for my collection.

IF you come up with a couple of offers and only need one, would you let me know ? I would be interested in one, AFTER you get a new one.

Thanks, Dave in SC

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Dave in SC,

If you move to the Villages in FL, you won't have room for that museum.

Hope you come up for the SC State shoot.

Ron Burdick

6. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Dave, if I come up with something I will let you know. I do have an extra piece that goes at bottom of pull handle and connects to base,if that helps. Bill thanks for reply, the base I have looks ok and took the primer and paint well. Iwas just looking for a better one. Thanks all, Paul

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Ron,

Hope to be in NY by the time the SC state shoots happens this year.

As for the Mini-Mu going to Florida, we have that all figured out already..LOL

Dave in SC

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

My gosh, don't sand those pieces. Sand or grit blast them for a more uniform finsih as one poster suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.