1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Allem Release problem - Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I just bought a used Allem release/release drop trigger for my Perazzi. Sometimes, the top barrel will not release. It sets, but will not release. It does the same outside of the gun, so I know it is not a rubbing issue. Could it be a burr or something on the release or hammer?

Also, how does one change a broken spring with these type of release triggers? I know how to change a regular Perazzi trigger. Thanks for any help. William

2. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Try talking to Nancy or John ? Just a thought.

Web address above

crab

3. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Yep, I did that, but they are closed for the day, and I have a tournament to shoot tomorrow. So, I'm looking for other help. Thanks,

William

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Put some grease on the hook then try it. You have to remove the release hook to change the mainspring.

5. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Toolmaker,
    I put a little grease right on the hook today. It worked for about 45 targets and started to hang again. Do you just knock the pin through the side to remove the hook? I appreciate your help.

William

6. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Palos Shooter,
    Thanks, I received the picture of the tool. I appreciate your help,

William

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Bubbaw: Forward the email to me. I have some Allem release parts and was thinking about building one myself.

Whiz

8. foxy

foxy TS Member

Whiz White - i dont think i would be putting Allem type releases in guns as i think they have a Patent on the design. as far as selling parts i know they do not sell the parts because i asked them. so if you have any parts they must have come from a trigger they sold to someone else and were fit to that trigger. just my opinion

9. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Check to bottom of the hook. I had the same problem. The plating came off the hook and the metal needed to be smoothed down. You will want to use some polishing material and a hone or jewelers file to smooth it down.All you want to do is polish it. You will want to put light grease on the hook each time you use it.

Dennis

10. whiz white

FOXY: So what you are saying is that I cannot install my Allem parts in another trigger? You are understanding my statement to say/mean that I am producing copies of their parts? Are you sure you read my thread completely?

I'd reread my thread response.

I could care less about a patent because I am not copying/producing any of their parts, they ARE their parts, and I own them.

This is bizarre???????????

Whiz White

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bubbaw stone the release hook, or use crocus cloth wrapped around a small file and polish the hook, then put some CMD or other grease on the end of the hook.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Dr.Longshot

Whiz White I think I stll have some ALLEM release parts for a TM-1 Trigger assy.

I also have complete release parts for a LJUTIC trigger housing, to install them in a Pull trigger housing you must mill a 1/2 inch wide slot exactly in the center of the pull housing, only go as deep as the original slot is, but to both extremes front and rear, only to original milling where it stopped, I have done this many times on LJUTIC triggers to install release.

LJUTIC release parts are $150 firm plus postage. E-mail above if interested. sales are final w/ no returns.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. whiz white

Gary: I may be interested in the Ljutic release parts.

I just called my 27 yard shooting buddy and he's looking for a complete release trigger. He said his daughter wants to shoot the gun too, so he would need the full trigger assy.

He normally shoots his MX10RS, but says he's always like the Ljutic better. Jim new shoots an Allem in his 10RS now.

Whiz

14. Dr.Longshot

Whiz I don't have a complete trigger assy, only the release parts.

E-mail for more info.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allem release triggers grease to use on hooks