1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! 95 Fod Van

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ahab, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I need some help on a 95 V8 Ford Cargo van 3/4 ton.

Put in a new radiator and heater core 2 years ago....everything was fine, just recently, the heater quit. The AC is not a problem, work good, but no heat from the heater, the fan blows, but no heat.

Where and what do I look at/for?

Anyone know?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This may or may not help. I had one that would stay cool even though the level was low, and when it was low the core would get no water. Same effect, cold air from the heater.

In your case I believe the heater controls are done with vacuum hoses rather than electrically.

Tron should know.

PS - the dealership very kindly copied the appropriate pages from the manual so I could fix a problem mine once. Also mine had some kind of relay mess up front by the battery.

HM

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Is the engine coolant getting up to operating temp?

Assuming it is, your problem is:

A. coolant isn't reaching the heater core, or
    B. heater "doors" aren't opening.

You will have to get under the dash/under the hood to see if the appropriate valves are opening.

4. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

what about the thermostat,may be stuck open,if thats not it start checking the valve that works the heater doors,mark

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If coolant is full, both heater core hoses hot, Im not sure about the vans. I have replaced many ford heater box assembly, the blend door linkage breaks inside. Aldata will not let me in right now. does your van have rear heat does that work? Depending on how bad your coolant was when radiator/core was replaced. I have seen coolant pump fins rot off the inside of pump. Also Our track record right now with after market cores is about 2 years before they leak or clog. 95 may or may not have the manual/vacum linkage for blend door. If it has the electrical unit those fail also not as much as the broken door linkage.

6. emm2

emm2 Member

Ford had a real problem with the blend door breaking right where the blend door motor hooks in. On the passenger side just up from the dog house is a white box with an electrical connector, that is the blend door motor. Switch from heat to cold and see if the center of the box turns. If it does not the motor may be bad or you have no power to it. If it does turn remove the 3 screws and see if the black plastic ear the motor hooks into is broke or cracked. If it is cracked you will need a new heater box.

7. k80jim

k80jim Member

Plus 1 on the guy above. We seen lots of broken blend doors. The bad news is that part comes as the whole heater box. And you can only get them from Ford. If you look at were the guy above tells you, you can see the top of the control motor turn left and right at you go from cold to hot. It has a square drive and the piece that it turns breaks down inside. If you need the instructions on how to replace it you can e-mail me. I will print them out at work on Monday and send them to you, if needed.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.