1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help 686 won't reset trigger for 2nd shot.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have a Beretta 686 which I have been using a tube set in with no problems. I recently found a crack in the stock and removed it to see how deep it was and just found another stock. I put the old stock back on to use until I got the new stock and it will not reset the trigger for the second shot with 410 tubes installed. It had never done this before and don't have a clue on how to correct it. Any suggestions? It has a C & H kick suppressor in the stock and was in there before. Thanks for any help. Jackie B.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what type of 410 tubes? fitted?

If it didnt have a trigger conversion- it might not reset

then again it might be gunk- take the stock off- spray with brake cleaner and then with rem oil

Gene

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

sounds like an Inerita trigger problem the 410 shells do not create enough recoil to cock the second trigger

4. Shooting Jack

Same Briley tube set, same load in 410 AAHS shells. Only difference that I know of was removing the stock and putting it back on.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remove the stock and check, See if any wood is blocking or rubbing on the trigger or hammers.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

When re-installing the stock try firming it up but don't hog it down; maybe too tight is stretching something it shouldn't....Bob Dodd

7. g7777777

you never answered if it was a companion tube or a fitted tube set

Gene

8. Shooting Jack

Gene, I believe they were fitted tubes that were used in another 686. However, I have been using them in this gun for a year with no problem. It has always set the trigger in all gauges. Jackie B.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Your trigger needs to have a mechanical conversion. Just because it was working, you were only lucky. Any fitted tube set...Kolar or Briley, will need a trigger mod on a Beretta.

Doug

10. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Use a torque wrench to put 48 inch/pounds on the stock bolt.

11. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Have you tried firing the gun without tubes. If you do and it sets 2nd barrel this will eliminate an inerita spring breakage. You can also dryfire by pulling the triger and then bumping the butt of the gun on the floor. If spring is working it should set 2nd barrel. Last year I was experencing an occasional failure of 2nd barrel not setting while shooting doubles. Didn't think too much about it at the time. Got to the Grand gun would not set 2nd barrel. Took it to Beretta and found the inerita spring was broken. By the way I was shooting a 686 top single with 30" barrel off of a 682 gold E One of the gentleman on my sguad told me this was most likley the problem. I don't have any experience with tube inserts so this could be a whole another problem? Hope this helps.

Good Luck

John

12. g7777777

You were lucky-- it does need to have the inertia block replaced

Briley or Kolar will do this work

many gunsmiths will also

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Gene,

I don't think Beretta makes a larger inertia block. And also I don't believe Briley does a mechanical trigger, only Kolar. The Kolar conversion is the only way to go. They've done more than a thousand and the failure rate is next to zero.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.