1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Help 260 AI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nyskt100, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyskt100

nyskt100 TS Member

Go to 24hourcampfire.com and ask in the reloading section. If you've reloaded a lot before, I would start at the standard .260 data and keep adding slowly until you see pressure signs. Back off a bit and call it good...

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You might get 100 fps gain. Why not build a standard 260 with a 24" barrel?

3. andybull

andybull Active Member

This is what I'm loading for my 22" JP Rifle. 123 grain Lapuas, 43.5gr. of 4350, Br4 primers, seating the bullets to 2.80.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am with the coach. There is no sure way to be sure your gun will even shoot at the max velocity let alone handle the pressure. Just get a 26 inch barreled 260 and save yourself the brass headache. Jeff

5. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

If a standard 260 will not give enough velocity, why not just go with a 6.5-06? Plenty of load data available to boot. If the 6.5-06 doesn't give enough velocity, go with a .264 Winchester Mag and download it to the velocity you want or shoot it at 264 velocities.

Don't expect much of a velocity gain with your AI project as the 260 is factory loaded to pretty high pressures as is. As mentioned above, more barrel length will gain about as much or more as the AI conversion on this particular cartridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.