1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP-209 PRIMER FOR INLINE MUZZLE LOADER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Listo777, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

Which 209 primer do you like to use in your inline muzzle loader? I am shooting a .50 encore ph probably with 150 grains of 777. Any info is appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I suspect that doda means he uses the Federal 209A primer. The Federal 209 has been discontinued for some time, and are pretty hard to find.

3. midalake

midalake Banned User Banned

I use Cheddites, gun goes boom Deer falls down........

GS

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Winchester makes one specifically for use with Hodgdons Triple 7 and Pyrodex. They call it the "Triple Se7en". Of course they are specially packaged and "priced". Remington has the new KleanboreĀ® Muzzleloading Primers that are supposed to reduce fouling. I've always just used the standard 209 primer of the day (what I had on hand like Winchester and Federal) and found them fine. Maybe I'm missing out on something?

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A Hornady 250-grain SST/ML saboted bullet (Hornady sabot with the "tail" on it), three pellets of Triple-7 and a Federal 209A gives me 2,215fps and three-shot 100-yard groups right at 1.5 inches out of my T/C Omega. I'm happy with that.

Ed

6. Listo777

Listo777 TS Member

Thank you for all the responses.

What about bullets? Any other gear that yall have found to be helpful or convenient?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.