1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

help 1100 newer model won't shuck

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

help 1100 newer model won

I am taking this guy dove hunting and the 1100 is dry as toast and not see an O ring on the feeding tube .Isn't it supposed to have one and can I go to an auto supply and get one? what size?
    Monty

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They are Viton #2-021 0-rings, size 21 is 15/16" I.D. X 1 1/16" O.D. X 1/16" thick.

The gas system (outside of mag tube from the "barrel hanger" to the end of the retracted action sleeve) should have a thin coating of Break Free on it, as well as the inside of the "barrel hanger" (properly called the gas chamber), the inside of the action sleeve, and the gas rings. If the gas rings have gaps, make sure they are 180 degrees opposite from each other.

The action needs no lubrication to function other than a tiny amount of oil on the trigger assembly pivot points. However, a very thin coating of oil should be used internally to prevent rust. The 1100 action is designed "loose" so it needs no lube to function. Lubing it up can result in it getting gummy with dust, powder byproducts, etc.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

What Brian said.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can get o rings at your local hardware store, 3 for a dollar. Spray the magazine tube with Break Free if you want it to function properly. HMB

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Does the gun have the two gas rings on the magazine tube? HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.