1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hello. anybody know what primer and wad in kent

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

looking to reload the 24gr 1250 fps kent shotshell.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Using data for the Cheddite hull, the Cheddite primer, 21.7-22.0 gr Solo 1000, Fed 12SO or clone wad, and 24gr-7/8 oz will do wonders on Intl' targets.

Likely the Gualandi wad used in factory loads will be expensive, and offers no advantage over the domestic wad mentioned.

I, like many Intl' shooters, have shot many flats of this loading. :^)

3. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Which primer would be best cheddite 209

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Cheddite is the world's largest vendor of primed cartridge cases. Most all Euro loads use this combo. Even Remington uses Cheddite primers in some loads.

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

The only Cheddite primers in US distribution are the CX-2000, about the same 'hot' as a Win209. About any medium-strength primer you have will work.

Powders, likewise don't matter much. Any fast powder you have will work nicely, and Hodgdon, Alliant, Accurate and REX all have plenty of 24gm - 7/8oz data.

Like SC said, Claybuster 2100 (a Fed-12S0 clone) makes a pretty sovereign load, and BPI's VP-05 is awfully good, too, at about the same cost.

You ought to be able to order primers and CB-2100 at the same distributor, I'd think.

The Kent internationals I have deconstructed had a Fiocchi wad, but that may have been a batch characteristic, as Kent loads a lot of diff manufacturers' components.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.