1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Helice shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Saw this for the first time on the outdoor channel and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I thought that maybe I could get my club interested in setting up a helice range but I haven't been able to find any prices on throwers or targets. If anybody has info on this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Contact Theadore Wells about equipment, he can explain it all to you.

WELLS EQUIPMENT
    3302 CR A3901
    Stanton,TX 78782
    Phone:(432)459-2384
    Fax: (432)459-2694
    Cell:(432)270-0535

We hold ZZ shoots on the 3rd Saturday of each month here in cental N. Carolina.
    Check out our web site. http://www.deepriver.net

Practice targets are $2 each
    20 target event is $65 + options

Scott

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ah heck ... forget all that dang bunker schmunker stuff ... I want to now shoot Helice.

Looks like something that could be very interesting and fun to try ... but finding a club with that set up would be harder than finding an olympic trap bunker in close proximity to the North Pole.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Helice (aka ZZ Birds) are quite fun however its about 3 time the cost of bunker and you only shoot 1/4 as much. Its fun but too expensive. Would rather shoot bunker.

Tom

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang Tom ... if you said that you had a helice course at Gator I would leave today and be there to shoot in the morning.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

approximate cost to for a layout?

7. ledbet

ledbet Member

We put one in at our club about 2 years ago. Figure about $10K to start.

8. Guy

Guy Member

Check out USHA web site. US Helice Assoc. We have several places to shoot here in Ca., and a fair number of players. If you cannot shoot pigeons, this is a close as you can get. It may be somewhat pricey, but not like birds. It is mostly pigeon shooters playing the game here.

We normally have 30 target events for $90. If you play the purse, it's $150. Sounds like alot, but figure what 3 events at a trap shoot cost, including shells and lunch. In ZZ's, you do not shoot many shells, and things move slower, but it makes for a nice day, and lunch/drinks are included.

Paste this link to see a club in Italy:

http://www.tiroavolosanremo.com/home.php?page=foto&dir=gallery&righe=3&colonne=4

Here is the link to USHA: http://www.ushelice.com/

Last year the US Team came in second at the World Championships held in Spain. The year before, they won it in Italy.

Give this a try if you can.

9. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

There is a new ring near Shefield, Iowa that will start shooting this coming spring. It will be run by Brick Hejlik at his kennel, Rockwell Retrievers. More info this spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
brick hejlik trap shooting
helice shooting equipment

helice shooting videos

helice target throwers for sale
helice thrower
helice traps for sale
helise target thrower
how to shoot helice