1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy shot Fast steel Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MR870, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR870

MR870 Member

I found out today duck hunting that the 3" Faststeel-Heavy Shot- hulls will not eject cleanly out of a 3" Remington 870 Magnum receiver after firing.Anybody had any problems with same thing?I was pleased with the knock down kill power of the number 4's on some woodies and a megansers.They don't run away from Heavyshot!

2. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Do you have any trouble ejecting other shells?

3. MR870

MR870 Member

Never had a problem ejecting anything but some Gamebore XLR's sporting loads but they were Euro made and the brass would swell.This was a length problem.

4. MR870

MR870 Member

No problem with any shells.It was the length problem with Heavy stell hulls.I had to pick out the hulls from carrier after firing.Which is not good when you have a single shot 870 and flocks of ducks are flying in on you.I had a few choice words to Heavy Stell makers when this happened.

5. MR870

MR870 Member

Never had a problem before with anything.The lenght of fired hull was problem in a 3 inch barrel and 3 inch receiver.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Did you measure the empty hull? How long is it?

7. canyonman

canyonman Member

Had the exact same problem. Same gun, same shells. Until I saw this thread I thought the gun was just dirty, dry, whatever.

My 870 will cleanly eject the shells, unfired, for testing purposes, but I haven't tried hunting with it again. Don't think I will now unless I use different ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

heavyshot faststeel

stellhulls fore sale