1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy loads during fun games from the front porch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

After the regular day of conventional trap shooting...

And everyone has left except the die-hards...

Sometimes folks will shoot from the club house front porch.

It is rumored (and widely denied) that some folks keep some 1-3/8 ounce loads of #6's at 1400 fps in their pockets for such occasions.

Wouldn't really ever happen.

The #6's, I mean.

2. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

A new AA, Gold Medal, STS, not a wally world cheapie 3 dr 7 1/2 will do all of that at 55 yds.Try the Winchester Super Sporting at 1300 fps if you feel you need more. Awesome shell in my Ljutic. If you shoot annies or buddies from 40+ yds and have to pick up a bird just load 6's in your normal shell. Seen it done hundreds of times in 40 yrs of game shooting.It really messes with your competitors minds when your gun goes pop and breaks the bird and theirs goes BOOM and kicks out their teeth and the bird don't break because they flinched.Ha Ha

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

After a shootoff at our club-some one found a 3 1/2" steel shot empty on the ground. I think it was placed for shits and giggles.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

In situations like this ,,, 1 3/8 of #4s is not unheard of!

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They shoot GREEN LIZARDS and XX MAGNUMS where I shoot, but #6s will break the target where ever they want to go for a shoot-off. Especially the Longshot Powder Loads w/ 1 1/4 oz # 6s @ 1400+ FPS.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

is for those who are better reloaders than being a shooter. This is an all out war, there is nothing fair about it, and it encourages people to push the edges of the safety envelope. It should be banned at all clubs.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You can run whatever you bring at our club. That is what it is all about when you get back 40 yards. I hear some loud shells but that is mostly a eresult of ported guns. I don't believe anybody is doing anything unsafe as after all... they are the one holding the hand grenade if it does go off.

I know some guys joke around but I think most of what we see are book loads of longshot and Bluedot. They will shake the earth from ported guns.

The theory is... I may be outshot but I won't be out shelled. It's funny.. it;s not always the guys with the loud shells that win.Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.