1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heater Fan problem on 2004 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tom berry, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Earlier this week there was a thread about a similar issue on a Canyon PU. My issue is slightly different, maybe the same cause.

Fan speeds don't change by turning the dial, but it will blow harder as the engine RPM increases. No where near full speed, but alteast it generates some air movement at 2000 RPM or so. Running around town and at stop lights it's miserable.

All other electrical things seem okay.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

Mine does the same thing. 2005 Ram 1500

3. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I had a Dakota that just would not turn on at all- It was a heat sensor that looked like the spring in a pen. It was located under the hood at the fire wall on the pas. side. That was an 89.Things changed I'm sure. I aslo have a 96 Tahoe where the fan controls go off when they want to!! Always at the worst time.

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Dennis

Have had the same problem with my 99 Tahoe heater/AC fan switch. I have replaced it twice when it does this, due to the wiring connections on the back getting hot and melting.

Please have it checked out before it causes bigger problems.The switch is rather inexpensive, and with a little patience, you can replace it yourself.

Dannny

5. boba7449

boba7449 Member

blower motor resistor bad.. 2 screws hold it in heater housing by the blower motor.. behind the glove box

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

There is also a vaccume diaframe that uses the engine vaccume check it to see if the large tube is cracked. should be near fire wall on left looking from front

7. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Thanks for the advise. I have the resistor coming tomorrow and I'll look for the vacumn thing tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dodge 2500 2004 heat fan problem