1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heartland Grand ???'s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riggy, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riggy

riggy TS Member

Heartland Grand ???

I'm thinking about make a trip over to Iowa to attend the Heartland Grand. How is this shoot? Where do you recommend to stay? Is there anything to do around the area besides shooting? Good places to eat? Any info would be great.

Thanks

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

My wife and I were discussing this the other night. Stockdale's is the most relaxing club we shoot at. Great targets and hospitality. We stay in Iowa Falls. All that's left there right now is the Super8. Might also check the Americinn in Hampton. Several good restaurants in Iowa Falls and the food at the club is pretty good as well.

There is a car show on Labor Day in Iowa Falls so book a room as soon as practicle.

Bob

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I've stayed at the AmericanInn in Hampton. It is certainly adequate. The food in town seemed a bit Iffy, but OK and nearby. I did not try Iowa Falls.

The shoot is about 3 hours for me and Primed above, and likely I will just make a long day of driving out of it. See you there Bob.

Jack

4. riggy

riggy TS Member

Anyone else have any suggestions?

5. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

Can I expect any dealers to be attending to be selling ammo and reloading supplies? Thanks Dave

6. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

Sunset Distributors (Dean & Mike Bright) have been there in the past. They are local. They have had ammo on site; most reloading supplies can be ordered and delivered to the club next day since they are located right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.