1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heartland Grand info please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doughboy, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

Looking for some feedback from fellow shooters who have attended the Heartland Grand in Iowa. How does it compare with other major shoots? I appreciate your time responding!!

Kurt

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Kurt -

I've been to every Heartland Grand, and shot there prior to it becoming the Heartland (when it was the Labor Day shoot).

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but here's my take.

Great place to shoot, good background and good targets. Dale has added 8 traps in the last couple of years so there is plenty of room. Dale also runs a good shoot, on-time and very efficient. Not many big dogs there, and it's not as well attended as say the Southwestern or Spring Grands, but it's a pretty good crowd. I'm going from memory but I think the champ events last year were around/just over 200 shooters. You can go to the website (above) and I think last years results are there which probably show participation, etc.

It's in a small town with no much around, but there are enough hotels (book early) and places to eat to survive for a five or six days.

I think it's a cool shoot, lots of good midwestern people and everyone seems to have a good time. My group looks forward to it every year.

Scott

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

No.

It's when a tournament ends that determines which Target Year it is in. Not when it begins.

Targets shot at the 2011 Heartland Grand will be in Target Year 2012.

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I and two freinds have shot each of the last two years and liked it a lot. I have since moved to the area and have a squad comming up to shoot the whole time with me. People are freindly shoot runs on time trap kids do a good job.
    Motels were a problem last year they had a big car show in Iowa Falls at the same time so it go a little busy, the one motel we stayed at had a wedding party also. Come up and have fun.
    Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.