1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SBray, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBray

SBray Active Member

This one is really an off topic thread.

I was hoping that I could get some suggestions/recommendations for a reliable heart rate monitor. My treadmill model doesn't have one and I would like to keep track of my activity level for the best workout.

I have heard that the ones with a "chest strap" are more accurate as opposed to the "wrist watch" only models. I don't want one with all the bells and whistles, just the basic features. If someone has a specific make and model that they have used and like, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you,

Steve

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Steve.......My treadmill is the same way, junk for a heart rate monitor.

I went to Walgreen's and got one that reads oxygen levels in your blood and heart rate levels. It slips over your finger and you can change the display to read from all four sides. (one side at a time of course)

All I see on it is that it is Model - oxywatch C20 and manufactured by Choicemmed. It takes 2 AAA batteries. I've had the same batteries in it for a year now.

Bill

3. Big Lar

Big Lar TS Member

Polar Heart Rate monitors are the best. Many machines at the health clubs are built to automatically connect to Polar Heart Rate monitors. They have a lot of different models from very simple to more complex. I use a middle of the road one which not only shows heart rate, but also calculates average heart rate and maximum heart rate. I have had a heart attack and also have heart rhythm problems, so the Polar monitor has been a real help to me.

Google Polar Heart Rate monitors and you will find a number of places that sell them over the internet.

Big Lar

4. SBray

SBray Active Member

Thanks folks, I'll check them out!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.