1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hearing protection

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Would appreciate any suggestions/thoughts about electronic hearing protection. I am concerned about "bulk" and interference with proper mouunt. I am leaning toward a Browning solar powered model or a Peltor rechargeable. Thanks.

2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Sorry about the typo in my earlier thread.

3. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

On the Peltors T-6 you can turn the ear pieces upside down (curved part down)to give you more clearance for your stock. I like them because they fold up too. Only be warned they only have a NRR of 19. You can get them for under $60 and they take regular batteries. The Pro Ears have a NRR of 28 (I think) and they have a slim model, a bit pricey at around $200 (If I remember correctly) They take special batteries (non standard).

Hawk,

4. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Jerry B.
    Thanks

5. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

hawk57...Thanks. I have been told to avoid any protector that provides anything less than nrr24. Make sense?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Pro Ears batteries are a type "N", I get mine at the grocery. They are used in home medical equipment.

HM

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know the cheap corded ones I bought at Wally World for about $5 work just great and I think they have a NR27 or 28 rating. After each round I pop them out and put them in the little container thingie and then pop them back in when going back on post ... takes about 10 seconds or less and are far cheaper than the electronic hearing protection plus they dont get in the way of a hat or the stock or have to sit up on my head when not on post or have to be set down on a table or set around the barrel of my gun in the rack taking a chance of falling or banging with anothers gun ... have you thought about the $5 corded ones instead?

8. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I guess I agree regarding the NNR of less than 24. But I think there are alot of variables. First off, if the ear muffs are not sealed well you can throw the NNR rating out the window, second, I feel that the report of a shotgun in a open enviorment is alot different than a handgun indoors. I noticed recently at a group shoot with assault rifles (under a roof of a protected rifle range) that my Peltor's were not cutting it. I should of had foam earplugs & the Peltor's.

Hawk,

9. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

MIA I have a set of electronic muffs, custom made. They have a voice in them: Good Shot champ, great smoke ball chief, Deadapair, your`re not only good looking you`re a heckuva trapshooter, way to go stud, amongst others. Send me your e mail and I`ll set you up with the maker. NRR around 32. Yes, I get a kickback!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.