1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearing protection

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigfoot, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigfoot

bigfoot Member

What hearing protection do most of you shoot with? I have tried some muff's, some can be a distraction for me. The 50 cent ear plugs work but the DB protection seem not as good.
    I would like to find a comfortable set of muff's that i might not be as aware that they are on.
    Walt

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i wear yellow foam plugs and over them i wear EAR brand muffs. They are about 15 dollars and work great. Put the right one just up on your ear and it will not hit the gun

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Use the Moldex bright green foam plugs and you wont need the muffs.

4. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Molded plugs, and if that isn't enough protection, some Peltor muffs. I just use the molded plugs, but some people find there isn't enough damping of sound with them when shooting, due to bone conduction of sound, so Peltor muffs are the best I found, working for years in noisy environments. The ones I use while running a chain saw are the high visibility ones you see being worn on the tarmac in airports, and are the best damping, and most comfortable I have ever worn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.