1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hearing protection advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TIPPEDWAD, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIPPEDWAD

TIPPEDWAD TS Member

Looking for help selecting a low to mid price electronic muff set that will not interfere with mu gunstock. I am losing the hearing in my right ear so I am
    beginning to believe the baffle type plugs I have been useing are not getting it done.
    Thanks,
    Whit Haselton

2. TC

TC TS Member

Baffle type plugs can have a NRR of 3 to 7 db's. Foam plugs are usually 29 to 33 db's. Huge difference! Would suggest foam plugs and muffs. Tony

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I use a Peltor muff and they really don't interfere with the stock. They are a little awkward when you wear a cap. Peltor makes a "behind the head" muff that might be worth considering. Ear plugs are definitely not enough protection. Ear plugs AND muffs give you the maximum protection. Ed

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have a Peltor set and a Walker set of muffs. The Peltor are lighter and cheaper and don't interfere w/ the stock. The Walkers are much better quality and seal to the ear better. The behind the head muffs won't work w/ a shotgun...hit the stock.

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Seal around the muffs is very important. Plugs under the muffs is a good idea. Your glasses will prevent a complete seal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.