1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEARING AID REHASH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dospa, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dospa

dospa TS Member

my game ear dies when I shoot in hot sweaty weather. I would like to replace
    it with a first class pair as I really need them full time. Any price information for good digital pair could be very helpful. Thanks, Tom

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Tom, I finally at my wife's insistence and because I couldn't always hear a Turkey gobble back when I was guiding I got a good pair of hearing aids. Be sure to go for the digital. Most hearing aid companies have specials on them for senior citizens. For instance, mine were 2200 apice but by the time Medicare chipped in and my insurance came in it cost me 800 for both. Unfortuantly there is a down side. I can now hear everything my wife askes me to do with no excuse.
    Dan

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

You mean that medicare will help pay for hearing aids? I gotta check into this. HUHHHHHHHHHHH, whatdyasayyy????

4. TC

TC TS Member

Have been happy with the Beltone digitals I have. When you use in hot, humid conditions you need to dry them out. Most hearing aid providers have small plastic containers with a desiccant that you can put them in overnight. They will help a lot. Tony

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have a pair of hearing aids that fit behind the ear and I hate them. Yes, I can hear better, but they are uncomfortable and background noise makes it difficult to hear anyway. I can choose when to ignore my wife when I don't wear them. Hey? What? Fred

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

what about a young punk(53) who can't here crap. no medicare and my insurance doesn't cover hearing aids. my father-in-law has a set that cost $5500.00 and i can hear better than he can. i work in a very noisey enviroment but the young dumbies i work with give me crap when i wear ear plugs. do the game ears really work?

7. TC

TC TS Member

Jack, protect what hearing you have left at all costs! Hearing aids are an "aid" they can't restore everything that has been lost. I now wear plugs anytime I'm around any noise and add muffs on the line. Wish I had known better 40 years ago! Tony

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

I recently had a hearing test done...my high frequency area is not good. The tech says the new Oticon Delta's are the way to go. Price was $5000. for the pair. It seemed way high, so I check out the same exact brand/model on eBay and they were $1800.!! Man, it just pisses me off when I think of how much and how many of our seniors get ripped off. I called the guy and politely told him he was not trustworthy.

9. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have been down the hearing aid road -- be very careful where you buy -- lots of people out there to take advantage of folks -- there are 3 manuf. -- lots of brands -- they put their name on them but they don't build them -- really do your shopping -- go online to check prices -- I would not purchase online because they have to be tuned to your hearing loss -- but don't fall for the stories these hearing aid people tell you -- you can buy all the bells and whistles from a local dealer and not pay $8000 for a pair like some of them would like to charge -- I payed $3400 for a pair of Siemens (who manuf. them) from a local dealer -- after I told them what I found online for prices -- they are top of the line Digital programmable all the stuff -- these things have model names just like cars -- do your homework

10. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks tc when it cools down a bit i think i will wear muffs at work. i got fitted plugs for shooting, can't hear much when i have them in.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used the great ones from Electronic Shooter's Protection (ESP) for years. They work GREAT, and summer's heat and resulting sweating like a hog did not hurt them. They rule in hot weather, and every serious shooter/trainer should have them. They are pricey, and worth every dime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.