1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hear pump or ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sherpa, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherpa

sherpa TS Member

heat pump or ??? help a/c guys

a/c died, help should i go with a/c or heat pump. i am in south weat florida how much will it cost? ball park figures???

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I believe in the heat pump, especially the newer units. I know you don't have a lot of cold weather there but my daughter lives in Chipley Fl. and they have used theirs a lot this year. Short of a fireplace it is the cheapest way to go. I installed a new one two years ago and my elect bill dropped 30Pct for the past two years. Jackie B.

3. sherpa

sherpa TS Member

4. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

If you live in a "manufactured home" a heat pump/ac with electric strip heater is usually a packaged unit. Cost in Central Florida runs $4200 installed with new t'stat and concrete pad. Need electric backup for below 32 degrees.

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

I have neighbors on both sides with heat pumps . They are familiar with their servicemen on a first-name basis . I can tell when a serviceman is coming 'cause their outside units start making all sorts of weird noises .

Strip heaters used to be expensive to operate but that "gap" is closing a bit , still , it gives me the willies to hear a compressor running in the heating season .

Charlie

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Stay away from a TempStar. Kid at work paid $5500 for his and it's on its' 6th defroster board, plus the guy has been charging him $65 for the service calls even though it is still under warranty (3 years old).

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

There is a store just west of Valdosta Ga named Triple H, I think that sells a 4 ton heat pump package unit for $1600.00. I pass by it on my way to Panama City and made a mental note of it. It was a common name brand unit but don't know what the seer rating was. Jackie B.

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Had a couple of them and they worked well for AC, but for heat they sucked. Always fealt cold and drafty. That said, they are efficient to operate in Southern climates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.