1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthcare question

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I know there are some that are wanting the so called "national" healthcare, but I have a question,,,,Why should a healthy person pay the same as an unhealthy individual?

I am not in the best of shape and have a few ailments, but why should a 20 year old who eats well, exercises, doesn't smoke/drink etc, pay the same as I do??

Why should I pay the same as someone who smokes 3 packs a day, drinks a 12 pack of beer everyday, weighs 400 pounds etc.?

When I buy life insurance, if I am in bad health, I will pay more than someone who won't utilize the insurance as soon. When I have several accidents/speeding tickets, then I will pay more for my car insurnace. If I live in a flood plain/hurricane area, I have to pay more for my insurance....Why then, is it then "fair" for someone who is going to cost more to the insurance pool, not have to put more in????

Can one of you libbys explain this to me??? Thank you.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm not a real liberal, but I would imagine it's because the same person pays the same amount in school taxes as those who have no children.

Because............They need the money and they are going to get it from you or me or from whomever they can get it from. They don't care as long as they can get it...................and of course spend it.

Hauxfan!

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Dont worry about it. The new health care system will take care of you.

"ON PAGE 425 OF OBAMA’S HEALTH CARE BILL, the Federal Government will require EVERYONE who is on Social Security to undergo a counseling session every 5 years with the objective being that they will explain to them just how to end their own life earlier. Yes...They are going to push SUICIDE to cut medicare spending!"

4. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

I think their argument is that if everyone pays it will be solvent. After all 20% are without coverage and that 20% is still receiving care.

Not sure I agree with the argument.....But probably the best start is to break up the health care monopolys

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Shadow, if that 20% gets coverage, but does NOT pay in, how will it be solvent???

What "health care monopolies" are you referring to???

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Everybody over 55 years will receive a all expense paid trip on a ice flow should they become ill!!

It's the democratic way.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.