1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Heads Up" style guns and stock fit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I use a K80 ProSporter for sporting clays. I'm pretty much done with shooting flat rib guns. I have a long-ish neck and the "heads up" style is more to my liking. I don't have to hunch over as much and I have better sight of the targets. I required a LOP of just over 15" on my stock, everything else i left the same as it came from the factory.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A K80 Trap Special has a higher rib than a K80. My TMX has a high rib compared to a TM1. The advantage of a high rib gun is the ability to keep your head more upright compared to the lower rib gun. If you added a high rib barrel to an existing gun, you would have to raise the comb to get the same drop at the comb relative to the Top of the rib; if you left the heel of the stock untouched you would have effectively increased the drop at the heel relative to the top of the high rib. Daro Handy has a high rib on his 1100 and a Jack West stock with the built up comb but a rather extreme drop at the heel.
    When I asked my original questions about "offset" and excess "heel drop" and the radical "toe out" I was thinking about the design of the Kolar 'Twisted Sister' stock and how this is supposed to provide the Upright Head gun mount. I don't understand if "Twisted Sister" is only for shooters with a non-average body build.

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have a Kolar #1 stock on my Max T/A. It does allow my head somewhat of an up right angle. All I know is the gun is very comfortable to shoot.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I found with my Kolar Max TA and my Krieghoff Trap Special, both had to have more drop at heel and offset at the comb. Regarding the Kolar Twisted Sister, I think you would find it to be most comfortable. The Krieghoff stock had to have an adj. pad plate and a soft comb installed. They only come right handed or straight. I am left handed.I also had to have an adj. pad plate installed on my Kolar. Kolar as mentioned above, makes 6 different stock configurations for your needs. You might get lucky and one would fit perfectly. If not, go up there and be measured. Jeff is one of the best. The Kolar is really a nice gun. Shoot them before purchasing. You may find one better suited for your taste. Hope this helps, Roy

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I will start a new thread to get the answer I'm looking for.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.