1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Heads up on shooting shoes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, Sep 21, 2013.

1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Marshals has Nike Air hightops for $50. They are great for trapshooting and have good ankle support. Feel free to suggest any other good shoes.

2. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

My lucky shoes an old pair of vans I have kept hobbled together with shoe goo but they are my lucky shoes for shooting.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Shoes that lend themselves to a good flat stable platform. My preferred shoe because of wide feet are Sketchers. Notably, I have seen several trap shooters wearing them lately.

I watched a new shooter trying to shoot with rocker soled shoes. Talk about shooting with a handicap:)

Robert

4. Aircooled6racer

Aircooled6racer Active Member

Hello: I use Salomon Speedcross 3's. They work well for USPSA, IDPA, 5-stand, sporting clays and trap. Very comfortable for all day wear. I had mine on for 12 hours today. Thanks, Eric

5. yunggun4

yunggun4 Member

Shoes are over rated... go barefoot and your scores will go up. Trust me. Corwin

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

At my range... no shirts, no shoes... no service.

I wear any one of a couple pair of walking shoes... New Balance - Tidy Whities...

I recall many years ago Orvis sold shooting shoes... wedged design forcing folks to lean forward as well as incorporating a barrel rest over the toes....

7. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I like my cowboy boots. The high heel get you to put your weight on your toes and lean forward. Seems like every pair of walking or athletic shoe I've tried does the exact opposite. BYG

8. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Red Wings are the only shoes that seem to fit these wide flat old feet. They got rid of my plantar facitis also. Bill

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have a pair of Cowboy boots I bought a long time ago in the 1970s that have been re-soled several times and they are from Water Buffalo and they still fit.

They put your weight forward and on your toes, which works for me, I need to get them into the shoe repair shop for new insoles which have come loose.

These are good boots, bought them off the guy that used to come to the shoots in a RED TRAILER at the Grand American and Ohio State Shoot.

The uppers are still in excellent condition, They are Nocona Boots made in Texas
    And I purchased a genuine Stetson Hat which I still have both are 43 years old

Dr.longshot
    [​IMG]

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

I have been known to wear sandles all year round from time to time

11. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

Keen Pittsburgs .... Steel toed (added safety!) and very comfortable. Best work shoe I have ever owned .... that also work great for shooting.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

flip flops

13. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Lately I've been trying to go "China free" - talk about a difficult task. Seems everything I look at is made in China these days. But, I've noticed that New Balance shoes are made right here in the USA. I have bought my last pair of Nike shoes (not sure where they are made) and I will now buy New Balance. Anyone know of other shoes made right here? John

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

With size 16 1/2 EEE I wear any shoe that I can find that fits

And they are slim pickins

15. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

Well what ya need to really wear is whatever make's you comfy including shirt, pants and all the little luck charms you have acquired that makes you shoot the perfect score.

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I wear Merrell's...have for years...well built and stand up better than anything else I've ever worn...

Ron Burr

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've got 2 pair of New Balance running shoes. What APrice said above is true. New Balance shoes are made in several places now besides the USA.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Wow - Well, Vietnam isn't China - yet. I wonder if I'll be able to find something made here.

19. Mapper

Mapper Member

Ah yes, I recall many years ago everyone had to have green Red Wing chucka boots, then cowboy boots, then "shoot boots" and finally cross trainers. I could not detect much difference.

20. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles_catalog.php?catid=1

SAS hand made shoes are my favorite

Search tags for this page
salomon speedcross uspsa
trap shooters in red high heels

trap shooting shoes