1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

heads up if you are coming to the 2013 grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Outback Supply Co., Jun 7, 2013.

1. Outback Supply Co.

Outback Supply Co. TS Member

Just a heads up if you are heading to the 2013 grand. As of right now none of the local vendors that I have contact with have heard anything from IDNR about our vendor spots. By this time we typically have our spots rented and tents ordered. we have tried to contact IDNR but cannot get anyone to call use back.

I know from talking to some of the other vendors, we will need to start booking other shows that week if we don't hear from INDR.

I will try to keep everyone advised, Just in case you need to brownbag your lunches.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

3. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

We received our packet from Nicky at IDNR the last week of April and have already sent everything back.
    It seems that the politicos are controlling the purse strings. We are currently set up at Sparta for the US Open and talked with Nicky Wednesday. As of mid-May she is no longer in charge of vendors at Sparta. Chris, who ran the buildings is also no longer there and another individual retired and was not replaced. Right now everything is falling on Dennis Sneed's desk - doing his job as range manager plus the other three. Right now I don't know who to contact.

Good luck and See you all there. Doug Gray

4. Outback Supply Co.

Outback Supply Co. TS Member

Hey Doug, Thanks for the heads up. Looks like us food vendors are the ones having the problems. I was out at the complex today speaking to the IDNR, Would love to set up for the shooters during the open. Looks like the nice weather is going to hold out this weekend. BTW if you are looking for some good food, drive on in to marissa and check out the Fire Department Food Stand at the coal fest.
    Thanks again
    Kevin Holliday

5. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Kevin: I'm not sure what's going on at INDR - several other non-food vendors I know have not received anything either. Missed you at the Open. Doug

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Nicky is no longer with the IDNR.. so you'll need to find out the new contacts name.

I'll be at the Grand vending ear plugs.. and Liz doing massage. I'm sure there isn't anything big.. just someone dropped the ball temporarily.

Jerry Bryant
    Silent Treatment Hearing Protection and Enhancement

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The vendors are handled by the IDNR but I know the ATA executive director, Lynn Gipson has taken steps to build a fire under the IDNR and the wheels are rolling again. Late, but not too late. Good job.

8. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Check ATA web site - Vendor info post there - I suppose by Lynn's push. Doug