1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Headline news police gun battle with AK

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/video/topvideos/2013/05/03/dnt-dash-cam-shootout-with-cops.wkyc

Dash cam-- But this is exactly what the teachers and 5 and 6 year olds saw at Newtown the last few moments of their lives.

This particular incident is in Ohio.

This is what police are faced with. In Webster NY this was what police were faced with for over an hour while firemen lay on the ground and bled to death--- it is called "suppressive fire"

I am not against semi auto AR15 or AK type weapons, what I am against is people lying and saying they are totally different than military assault rifles. This includes Wayne.

This debunks what all the "experts" try to argue is a difference between military M16 type rifles and AR15. These rifles and their use are for all practical purposes identical.

Many people try to state that Assault rilfes are different than military rifles-- BS. You can see suppressive fire here.

The same people then state that fully auto rifle fire is more deadly and a lot faster ---it isnt and is rarely used by the military rifleman.

Only a couple of people in an 11 man squad may even use 3 shot burts but that wastes ammunition -

What you see here is the rate of fire of a civilian version of an assault rifle---it is exactly the same as what at least 9 of the 11 infantry squad guys would use, except the military guys would have more accurate application of the semi auto fire while assualting than you see here. This is the rate of suppressive fire.

Something to look at anyway and understand that an AR15 is essentially like the rifles that todays soldiers use.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS the worst enemies to the 2nd Amendment will now start posting here- ones that have told you in the past about all the BS above.

Ones that post hate about police

Ones that dont like and respect teachers

Ones that havent served

And of course ones that take the approach "shut up stupid" when communicating with the 90 percent of American people that are more intelligent than they are, the ones you see referenced on all the opinion polls.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

(Gene, prior to editing it out): "But the military members would be better trained..."

Hmm...hope none of those "well trained" military members don't snap and go shooting police (like Dorner did).

3. Tech Writer Jeff

Tech Writer Jeff Active Member

Quote: "This is what police are faced with and those that say that these rates of fire just like suppression fire trained in the military dont know what they are talking about".

May we get some punctuation and better sentence structure somewhere in that mess? Without it, I can't understand what YOU'RE talking about.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Now now, Jeff, don't be too harsh. At least he's figured out how to post in the right section.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Warmer today, 70's predicted for tomorrow.

HM

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here in Houston at the NRA Convention, it is sunny and warm, with a slight breeze.

7. g7777777

Another thing- these so called "experts" would poop their pants or be hiding and crying for their mothers if faced with this on the street. High capacity magazines of 30 rounds or more and this type of rifle.

Many of those pants poopers will post here. LOL

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. g7777777

The other thing about these people that will try to mislead you on the sameness of these weapons

Most hate police officers- and make nothing except bad comments

They also seem to hate teachers

And they hate govt officials

They refuse to recognize that Republicans lost the election because of them and that most people in America are not aligned with their values

The people I am talking about are the worst enemies of the 2nd amendment because they alienate the American people by their "shut up stupid" approach to any discussion.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Well gene, the departments around here have M14 and a couple of UZI's hows that for return fire!!

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"They refuse to recognize that Republicans lost the election because of them and that most people in America are not aligned with their values." 777777

7777777, hussein is president because the number of VOTERS that suck off of the government tit outnumber the number of honest hardworking VOTERS that don't.

You can attempt to analyze and apply your ignorant philosophy all day long, but it's nothing but "stupid" anolgy.... Period..

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If I read the article correctly ... it seems that the puny little pistols killed the big bad guy with the large magazine AK

OR ... does that not fit in with your point of view?!

12. g7777777

Paladin--- 3 million registered voters stayed home because they did not want to be identified with a group of people if some of the people in that group came across as radicals- such as some of the tea party rants.

Ahab-- the bad guy chose to quit shooting-- so no your view of things is wrong. Nice attempt though and of course the 90 percent of intelligent americans that watch this would see through your attempt in seconds.

Not only did 3 million registered republicans stay home-- at least a couple of million indenpendents moved to Democratic voting

Even Karl Rove- the most accomplished political strategist of the last 75 years for the Republican party makes that claim

Wake up

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Avatar

Gene, what's your point? You can argue that semi-automatic vs automatic is irrelevant; but the military branches wouldn't agree with that. Certainly, infantrymen are trained to use the automatic feature sparingly, to conserve bullets; but in certain firefight situations, full automatic greatly magnifies the unit's firepower. For a half-century now, the standard military assault rife has been automatic.

Here, though, at that range, I suspect the cops would both be dead if that fella had been using a 12ga pump shotgun instead of that "assault rifle" (assuming he was trying to kill them, that is).

14. g7777777

So really the argument becomes- does the 2nd Amendment protect the right of a citizen to possess military grade weaponry.

I dont know the answer to that but I do know that when muskets that took over a minute to arm were the weapon, things were a little different.

Many give and takes on regulations of any kind.

When you give someone a right you usually impede someone elses rights at the same time.

Maybe the Supreme Court will decide this.

That is a different argument than just telling people they are stupid and the two weapons are totally different weapons

Regards from Iowa

Gene
    [​IMG]

15. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

dumbass 77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777,

You used to sell alot of guns on this site. Then peeps realized you're just a FH.

Now, your just a punk with a keyboard, causing nonsensical trouble on this shooter's site.

Get lost.

16. g7777777

Scooterbum-- no I am a conservative that loves shooting and firearms

I personally like AR type guns and have used them all my life but that doesnt mean that I am against every single measure proposed that has the word firearm attached to it. The details matter.

What I dont like are people that make stuff up and hurt the 2nd Amendment rights of the rest of us. Making up that AR15s and M16s are totally different weapons is an example of that-

Or follow and repeat mindlessly what their handlers tell them to say.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Obama 69,456,897

McCain 59,934,814

Obama 60,085,524

Romney 57,401,992

Who stayed home? The independent voters?

Bob Falfa

18. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Gene, you either think like a liberal or you think like a conservative.
    If there is basically no difference between a civilian AR 15 and the military version, why do the military version legally exist only in the military?
    Everyone does not fit in the mold you try to put them in. I would bet that anyone, ex military or not would crap their pants when they were being shot at.
    The people that commit these acts care little about what laws and definitions say.
    Bill

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Oh no tripod, not Super War Hero Gene. He would have walked right up to the guy and just grabbed the gun out of his hands. See he is the only former service member that amounted to anything. That's why he now lives off the very Government that bottle fed his Military career. Yeah, that's right, he sues the Government for a living. A true hero.

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"What I dont like are people that make stuff up and hurt the 2nd Amendment rights of the rest of us. Making up that AR15s and M16s are totally different weapons is an example of that-"

Well as I can see and so can anyone else who knows the facts can see. Anyone can buy a AR-15 not everyone can buy an M-16. So please tell us all who makes up stuff that hurts the the 2nd amendment????????

It certainly wasn't the gun owners that made that law up. It would seem that the Iowa expert chooses to overlook that fact and many other in his rants. He would rather blame all of us (radicals) than put the blame where it belongs.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.