1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Head ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm having a problem keeping my head on the stock---They tell me I'm lifting off the stock---Any help appreciated--I know the fishhook cure but I tried it and it hurts--Don't get smart---I'm talking about the head on the stock----George@SJB---

2. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

your not raising your head , your eyes are doing it for you . eyes on the target . hope that makes sense

3. JOND

JOND TS Member

Put a $20 bill between your cheek and the comb. Have a friend standby and watch you shoot. If the bill falls to the ground,he(she) gets to keep it!! JOND

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks JOND---Thats better than the fishhook cure---George

5. Suncutter

Suncutter TS Member

When you shoot a target try and pick a chunk out and follow it like your going to shoot it again even if you miss keep fllowing the target for a ways.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Work at maintaining a follow-through--staying in the gun for a couples seconds after you pull the trigger. Without a follow-through you'll likely start lifting you head off the stock before you actually fire the shot instead of a second or two afterward.

MK

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Have someone look at your stock fit. Maybe the stock is making you hold your head un naturally, and when you shoot/move it is harder to keep your head in place. Good Luck

8. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

I'm all for the $20 bill trick, a few of those should do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.