1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HEAD POSITION......................

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

What is you head position just prior to mounting gun? Neck straight/bent down? Face forward? Chin down?..Chin right? Other?.........SMOKIT

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I believe it should be wherever it will be when it's on the stock, for me looking straight at my spot and leaning into it slightly. That way you bring the gun to your face not the other way round. If I stand too straight I tend to rock back on my heels when I swing on a hard right.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a head position where you are looking through the center of the lens of your shooting glasses. HMB

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I don't have the answer but I have the high rib gun which is not intuitive for pointing and does contribute to crossfiring and can feel like a disconnect. I have about a 2 1/2 inch drop at the heel. I believe cast/off at the comb could help with keeping eyes looking more through the optical centers at the cost of more facial abuse from recoil but I don't understand how lots of offset could accomplish the same purpose. I have deep set eye sockets and my eyes are closer together instead of wide apart. I don't get how a twisted sister type of stock would work for a shooter with an average build. The bunker shooters still seem to use a head forward neck bent down gun mount and only American Trap has the head/up style of shooting.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

It depends on the focal point of your glasses. You should have them made to suit your style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.