1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HD Lens - Randolph Engineeering

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Recently had the opportunity to test-drive the new non-polarized, HD lens from Randolph Engineering for use in my Ranger Classic/XL. I was speaking with Wayne Morgan of Morgan Optical Sport Glasses, asking what was new and and he suggested I try a pair and put it into my recent order.

They come in two degrees of light transmission and I chose the lighter of the two shades allowing me greater flexibility over more light conditions... as a "blue blocking" lens, this tint really seemed to enhance my visual definition of the target... and I don't recall it coming with a premium price as with the CMT.

This past Sunday in the brightest of conditions, I started with the CMT; but as it became partly cloudy, I quickly changed into the lighter HD lens, a point at which some might find the CMT lacking... For the few extra dollars, I may pick up the other shade also for further comparison in bright light.

I gave my Rangers to couple of my fellow members for their opinions and we all commented on how nice they appeared to enhance the orange targets against a green leaved, tree-lined background. Obviously, everyone's sensitivity to light and color is different...

If you haven't had a chance to view the HD lens from Randolph, ask around your club to borrow a pair from a shooting buddy or call Wayne and order a plano version for your own inventory...

If you're looking for something and the CMT or polarized lenses didn't do it for you, consider trying the HD lens... in my opinion, a 2-lens HDS system, but without the cost...

Jay

2. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Jay thanks for the Info Wayne has always been more than helpful with me and takes the time to explain why i need something yet never sells just for a sale ! Again thanks and Ill be giving him a call today !

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

How do they work with the target transitioning from green trees to a grey sky...

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I've been using blue blockers with both plane and polarized lenses. Neither are good for all conditions.

5. trapshootertoo

trapshootertoo Member

spitter, could I have the phone number? I'm really having trouble with night targets. Maybe they can help.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Wayne @ Morgan Optical Sports Glasses... (800) 594-0175

Responding to BMP, on transition from trees to sky... they seemed to help in partly cloudy conditions, but that background still remains a challenge for me, so I also avoid transitioning light conditions in general (i.e. dusk)

I would agree with Barry whole-heartedly, that no one lens appears to do everything well, which is why my plano (polarized and non-polarized) collection keeps growing... but also I notice that some original lens colors have moved to the back of the lens cases, gathering dust from being unused...

Within reason, I keep looking for technology that can help...

Best regards all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.